As we navigate these unprecedented times, Christ UMC has made and will continue to make plans for alternate ways to be the church. Our goal is social distance without spiritual distance. On this page you will find the latest information to connect with your church family. If you need further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to have a candle handy as you prepare to worship.
There will be an opportunity to light candles together at the beginning of the service.
Join us for video worship each Sunday. Click here to see the latest videos. Every Sunday you may download a new worship video, using our website or the church’s Facebook page. You may watch it anytime on Sunday and beyond OR you may choose to watch it on Facebook. Click here for Facebook page.
Covid Help (Housing and Economic Loss Prevention) Illinois
Free Legal Assistance for people under stress because of Covid
COVID Help's virtual legal assistance will provide users with accurate and reliable legal information, direct them to appropriate legal resources, and connect them with legal aid options in their area. They will address the most common issues Illinoisans have faced during the pandemic:
Personal debt and bankruptcy
Housing (landlord/tenant, eviction and foreclosure)
Wills, estates and guardianship
Click here to go to the Covid Help Illinois website.
In Person Worship Services to begin on Sunday, April 11
at 10:00 a.m. in the Alpine Center Sanctuary
Doors open at 9:40 a.m.
Registration required to attend. Walk ins will not be allowed.
Services will also be livestreamed on our website: www.christumc.cc
Services will be recorded and available on our website after the livestreamed service ends around 11:00 a.m. to watch at any time and also on our Facebook page: https://Facebook.com/cumcrockford
Following are some guidelines for attending in-person worship:
• We will be taking registrations for one month at a time. We are now taking registrations for the Sundays in April: April 11, 18, 25. Watch your enews for information on opening of registrations for May.
• You may only register for two Sundays per month to allow room for others who would like to attend. Registrations are on a first come, first served basis.
• A wait list will be kept – you may put your name on the list for other Sundays and will be called if there is room available.
• Registrations will be closed when we reach maximum capacity for social distancing. For each Sunday service, registration closes at noon on the prior Friday.
• Walk-ins will not be allowed.
• If you are registered for a service and know in advance that you can’t be present, please let us know so that we can add those on the wait list. We prefer to be notified if your plans change by Friday at 5:00 p.m. but you can email email@example.com on Saturday if necessary.
• Watch for your enews each Thursday. At the top of the enews, we will keep you updated on open dates and a link to register at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified when registrations open for the next month.
Everyone will need to wear masks, and we will observe social distancing, with no congregational singing.
Register for the in-person service by calling the church office at 815/399-5910 or email email@example.com. Household groups will be able to sit together. Please let us know who will be in your group when you register.
Children's and Family Ministries Information
Contact Joy Hayag at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click on the link below for the latest information about activities and worship for children and families.
How to reach our office
Although the church office is physically closed, our hearts are open. Feel free to contact staff directly, or leave a message on the church phone (815-399-5910) or at email@example.com. For pastoral emergencies, call 815-310-5802.
Watch your email
for special Christ UMC eblasts, enews and prayer lists
Special updates will be sent out to you as
needed. The weekly enews will usually be sent out on Thursdays. A prayer list will be sent out on Wednesdays, so that we can continue to hold one another in prayer. Note:
Please check your spam folders if you don’t see these in your inbox. Our
email platform, Mailchimp, will sometimes be recognized as spam, depending on
your computer’s security setting. If you
don’t get the eblasts, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our monthly newsletter, The Flame, will continue to be
produced and sent out on our regular schedule. Everyone who has an email address will receive a copy of the Flame by email each month.Those who get a paper copy will still get their paper copy mailed to them.
Pictures for "What You Been Up To?" for Online Church Services
You may send in your pictures for the weekly "What you been up to?" wiith a small caption of what's going on in the picture to email@example.com.
Bridge to Hope CUMC Depression Support Group
The depression support group at CUMC, Bridge To Hope, will meet the second and fourth Sundays of the month. Meetings are at 2:00 p.m. Currently we are meeting via Zoom. If you are depressed, we offer a nonjudgmental place to express your feelings, and offer fellowship with caring people who understand depression. We know how hard the pandemic is. We focus on the body-mind-spirit connection. For more information, contact Deb Whinnery at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will need first name, phone, and email information to participate. I can help you get started on Zoom. Please join us!
Do you need help with errands?
If anyone needs help with errands, please contact the church office, at 815/399-5910 or email@example.com, and our staff can connect you to persons who can help.