The Church Office Has Reopened
2021 Summer Office Hours
Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Noon – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – noon
Other hours available by appointment.
We’re pleased to announce that the church office has reopened. Generally, Donna Riha will be on duty during office hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Kathy Wight will be on duty on Wednesday and Thursday during office hours. Linda Kuntz will be in the church office on Monday and Wednesday, noon-5:00 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00-5:00 p.m. Hours are subject to change. If you need to see a specific staff member, it’s best to set up an appointment ahead of time since staff schedules vary. Phones will be answered during office hours but will be monitored outside of office hours on weekdays. In the event of an emergency on nights and weekends, you can call the pastors’ emergency phone at 815-310-5802.
Summary of New Christ UMC Guidelines from the Reopening Task Force Meeting of August 30, 2021
1. Christ UMC will abide by the State of Illinois mandate to wear masks for all indoors activities. We include our worship life in that mandate. Should a person not wish to wear a mask for worship, that person may attend the Alpine 8:30 Outdoor service (bring a lawn chair) or watch the service online.
2. We are investigating ways to ensure the safety of singers on the chancel. Jody will work with Patrick to research the use of our plastic sheeting and also the microphone issues.
3. We want the congregation to know that everyone on the chancel at both worship centers is fully vaccinated. Worship leaders who speak will remain masked when they are not leading, and will remove their masks and remain at a distance when they are preaching, leading prayers, or otherwise speaking.
4. Shane will ensure that all entrance doors have “Masks Required” signs again. He will also work with Kathy to notify outside groups about the policy of mask requirement for indoor activities.
5. We also want to let people know that cloth masks are not as effective against the Delta variant as the KN95 masks are (just FYI—this isn’t a requirement). *See the note below from Suzy Black, Parish Nurse.
6. Joy is keeping children’s activities as they currently are, with children and teachers all wearing masks. Some families are eager to send their children for in-person activities, while others prefer to use the online resources. Joy is keeping in touch with parents across the spectrum of safety requirements.
*Masks Protect Everyone
Cloth masks can be fashionable or cute. They may support your local team or cause, but they are not the safest against Covid or the Delta variant. The safest are KN95 which has 5 layers of protection. They are shaped to breathe a bit easier despite the layers. The blue masks that are handed out at church are better than cloth masks but not as good as KN95 masks.
KN95 are NOT required to wear to church—others will do. But if you’re concerned or have an immune deficiency, KN95 give you the most protection. If you go to visit a friend or relative in a senior living facility, you may be required to wear a KN95 mask. The KN95 masks are available at pharmacies or online.
Susan Black, MS, RN
Sunday Worship at Christ UMC
Note: Everyone is required to wear a Face Mask for indoor worship services
8:30 a.m. – Alpine Center Courtyard Outdoor Casual Worship Service – Bring a lawn chair.
Our Master’s Center
9:30 a.m. - Our Master’s Center Sanctuary
The 10:00 Alpine Services are recorded each Sunday and are available on our website after the livestreamed service ends around 11:00 a.m. to watch at any time at www.christumc.cc. Click on the opening worship service slide to go directly to the livestreaming and recorded services on the Sermons page.
The Alpine 10:00 Service will also be livestreamed on our website: www.christumc.cc
Alpine Services will be recorded and available on our website after the livestreamed
service ends around 11:00 a.m. to watch at any time
and also on our Facebook page: https://Facebook.com/cumcrockford
Children's and Family Ministries Information
Contact Joy Hayag at email@example.com for more information. Click on the link below for the latest information about activities and worship for children and families. Click here to go the children’s ministry page.
Watch your email
for special Christ UMC eblasts, enews and prayer lists
Special updates will be sent out to you as
needed. The weekly enews will usually be sent out on Thursdays. A prayer list will be sent out on Wednesdays, so that we can continue to hold one another in prayer. Note:
Please check your spam folders if you don’t see these in your inbox. Our
email platform, Mailchimp, will sometimes be recognized as spam, depending on
your computer’s security setting. If you
don’t get the eblasts, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our monthly newsletter, The Flame, will continue to be
produced and sent out on our regular schedule. Everyone who has an email address will receive a copy of the Flame by email each month.Those who get a paper copy will still get their paper copy mailed to them.
Pictures for "What You Been Up To?" for Online Church Services
You may send in your pictures for the weekly "What you been up to?" wiith a small caption of what's going on in the picture to email@example.com.
Covid Help (Housing and Economic Loss Prevention) Illinois
Free Legal Assistance for people under stress because of Covid
COVID Help's virtual legal assistance will provide users with accurate and reliable legal information, direct them to appropriate legal resources, and connect them with legal aid options in their area. They will address the most common issues Illinoisans have faced during the pandemic:
Personal debt and bankruptcy
Housing (landlord/tenant, eviction and foreclosure)
Wills, estates and guardianship
Click here to go to the Covid Help Illinois website.