Christ United Preschool center is open year round from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our preschool program runs from August to May , summer camps begin in June and run into August up to the start of the school year to provide continuity in your child's care.
*** ATTENTION*** Due to COVID-19 hours on operations are adjusted to 7:30-5:00 until further notice
We are an Illinois Department of Children and Family Services licensed preschool. We have a mix of full-time and part-time teachers with a Director and Assistant Director overseeing our center. The preschool's teaching staff meets or exceeds the minimum requirements mandated by the DCFS.
Our staff is committed to:
- Providing a program that is developmentally appropriate, where children are encouraged to learn according to their individual needs and interests.
- Providing many experiences, materials, opportunities, and time for children to develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment where children explore, experiment, manipulate, and use their natural curiosity to solve problems and learn about the world around them.
- Providing experiences and activities that foster a child's self-esteem, self-trust, and positive feelings toward learning.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop independence, and a desire to be self-motivated, responsible learners.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop self-control and respect for the diversity and culture of others.
If you want to learn more about our preschool, or stop in for a visit to see what we're all about, please contact the school office at (815) 398-1458.