Christ United Preschool center is open year round from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our preschool program runs from August to May , summer camps begin in June and run into August up to the start of the school year to provide continuity in your child's care.
We are an Illinois Department of Children and Family Services licensed preschool. We have a mix of full-time and part-time teachers with a Director and Assistant Director overseeing our center. The preschool's teaching staff meets or exceeds the minimum requirements mandated by the DCFS.
Our staff is committed to:
- Providing a program that is developmentally appropriate, where children are encouraged to learn according to their individual needs and interests.
- Providing many experiences, materials, opportunities, and time for children to develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment where children explore, experiment, manipulate, and use their natural curiosity to solve problems and learn aboout the world around them.
- Providing experiences and activities that foster a child's self-esteem, self-trust, and positive feelings toward learning.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop independence, and a desire to be self-motivated, responsible learners.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop self-control and respect for the diversity and culture of others.
If you want to learn more about our preschool, or stop in for a visit to see what we're all about, please contact the school office at (815) 398-1458.