Christ United Methodist Preschool Center uses a teaching approach similar to The Creative Curriculum. It's one of the country's leading scientifically-based, research validated curriculum that provides guidance with teaching literacy, math, science and social studies. Our curriculum balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning styles and building on their strength and interests.
The preschool program is designed to provide enough time for activities and routines so children can manage themselves and progress at their own rate of development. The daily program includes but is not limited to:
- An opportunity to have a free choice of activities to play alone or with a friend. Options for this time include books, blocks, cars, puzzles or crafts just to name a few.
- Activities to encourage language development along with reading and math readiness.
- Participation in group activities, stories, singing, games and science.
- A time for washing hands and eating meals or snacks.
- Indoor and outdoor play time on our playgrounds to encourage large muscle development.