If you're interested in becoming a team member here at Christ United Methodist Church, please be sure to check out our website periodically for any job postings. If you should have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
The Coordinator of Welcoming Ministries is responsible for overseeing all aspects of welcoming members and visitors to Christ United Methodist Church and providing hospitality to all who come through the church doors.
If interested, send or bring your resume to the church office. Questions? Call Cliff Gillette at the church office, 815-399-5910, ext. 29.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the job description.
Job Opening at Christ UMC Preschool
Christ United Methodist Preschool is currently interviewing DCFS Early Childhood teacher-qualified applicants to work with children ranging in age from two - five years old. This is a full time position Monday through Friday, with hours 8:30-5:30 primarily. Christ UMC is a not-for-profit organization, licensed through DCFS which offers a nurturing work environment for our children and our teachers. Benefits include: life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, enrollment in 403B savings.
Required Skills And Experience
- Develop weekly lesson plans that meet Illinois early learning standards and provide children with a wide variety of ways to develop, learn and grow at their pace.
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Previous Early Childhood experience (preferred)
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education (Minimum)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.